- This event has passed.
SOUTH SUMMIT ELEMENTARY – Learn to Ski/Snowboard Mondays 2023
January 23 @ 3:00 pm - 6:30 pm$50.00 – $180.00
This is a program specifically for South Summit Elementary School (1st-5th graders) and is for complete beginners. If you did this program last year, please consider signing up for the beginner/intermediate program at Woodward.
The Get Out & Play Alpine Skiing/Snowboarding program gives kids the opportunity to begin skiing and snowboarding alongside their peers. The program is based on the unique partnerships we have built with our local resorts and utilizes their talented ski instructors.
The program begins immediately after school with students gearing up with the help of parent volunteers. Students then board a bus for transport to the ski hill where they will have a 2 hour ski or snowboard lesson with their instructor. Once the lesson is completed, students are driven back to school where parents can pick them up.
The entire program is parent supported and chaperoned, so please do your best to assist! To make this program happen affordably, we need parent volunteers. Volunteers for Lead School Coordinator will receive a sizable discount on one (1) child’s registration. Other volunteer positions include Bus Chaperones. To volunteer please contact Heather Sims 831.254.6011 or email@example.com.
Dates: January 23, January 30, February 6, February 13
Time: Buses/Vans will arrive at the school at 3:00pm with arrival at the mountain around 3:45 and return to school between 6:30/6:45pm.
Program Fee: $180
The program fee includes transportation, lift ticket, and instruction. Equipment is not provided or covered under the program fee.
Registration Deadlines: Registration will close on November 30, 2022 at 11:30pm.
- No refunds will be issued for bad weather, illness, or once the program has started.
- Students who have never skied or snowboarded before must be present at the first lesson.
- Equipment is not provided.
- Regular scholarships are available for students with families earning less than $50,000 annually. Just select a Scholarship ticket below to complete the registration process for your child.
- Partial Scholarships are now also available for families earning between $50,000 and $100,000 annually. To apply for a Partial Scholarship, please complete the application linked here to help us understand your financial challenges.
National Ability Center (NAC) Assistance: If your child will need assistance from the NAC, please contact Andrew Ball at firstname.lastname@example.org once you’ve completed registration.