GOAP South & North Summit – Learn to Ski/Snowboard Sponsored by Kodiak; Mondays 2024
January 22, 2024 @ 3:00 pm - 6:30 pm$50.00 – $180.00
This is a program for South and North Summit students (1st-5th graders) and is for complete beginners. If you did this program last year, please consider signing up for the GOAP South Summit and North Summit – Ski/Snowboard Progression (Woodward) Sponsored by Kodiak; Mondays 2024 program at Woodward.
The Get Out & Play Alpine Skiing/Snowboarding programs give kids the opportunity to begin skiing and snowboarding alongside their peers. The program is based on the unique partnerships we have built with our local resorts and utilizes their talented ski instructors. This program takes place at Park City Mountain Ski Resort.
The program begins immediately after school with students gearing up with the help of parent volunteers. Students then board a bus for transport to the ski hill where they will have a 2 hour ski or snowboard lesson with their instructor. Fifth graders will need to come to the elementary school to meet the bus. Once the lesson is completed, students are driven back to school where parents can pick them up.
Volunteers needed! The entire program is parent supported and chaperoned, so please do your best to assist! To make this program happen affordably, we need parent volunteers. Volunteers for Lead Chaperone will receive a sizable discount on one (1) child’s registration. Additional Bus Chaperones will also be needed. To volunteer, please select the Lead Chaperone ticket or click HERE to sign up as a bus chaperone. Contact Jana Johnson with any questions.
Dates: January 22, January 29, February 5, February 12
Time: Buses/Vans will arrive at the school at 3:00pm with arrival at the mountain around 3:45 and return to school around 6:30pm.
Program Fee: $180
The program fee includes transportation, lift ticket, and instruction. Equipment is not provided or covered under the program fee.
Registration Deadline: Registration will close on November 30, 2023 at 11:30pm.
Required Equipment/Gear: skis/snowboard and boots, helmet, googles, water-proof gloves/mittens and proper snow clothing.
- No refunds will be issued for bad weather, illness, or once the program has started.
- Students who have never skied or snowboarded before must be present at the first lesson.
- Equipment is not provided (except for full scholarship tickets). If renting equipment, please do so early. Shops sell out or stop selling season rentals in Nov. If you need help finding a shop, please contact us.
- Regular scholarships are available for students with families earning less than $50,000 annually. Just select a Scholarship ticket below to complete the registration process for your child.
- Partial Scholarships are also available for families earning between $50,000 and $120,000 annually. To apply for a Partial Scholarship, please complete the application linked here to help us understand your financial challenges.
National Ability Center (NAC) Assistance: If your child will need assistance from the NAC, please contact Andrew Ball at firstname.lastname@example.org once you’ve completed registration.