- This event has passed.
WSD-Get Out & Play, Ice Skating (Winter 2022)
January 6, 2022 @ 1:45 pm - 2:45 pm$50.00 – $145.00
Whether your child is skating for the first time, or has skated multiple times, this is a great introductory program to many different aspects of skating. We coordinate our sessions with the Figure Skating Club of Park City, the Park City Ice Miners hockey team, and Park City Speed Skating. The first week will focus on the basic concepts of being on skates with different stations teaching specific skill sets, playing games and allowing for “free skate” time. In the following weeks, we will explore the skills required for figure skating, hockey and speed skating.
There will always be something different to challenge the kids, regardless of ability (with the exception of the highly skilled skater.) Keep in mind that the program is also focusing on “Fun On Ice” to get kids out there, skating and having a good time with their friends. This program is not intended to be a supplement to strict club training.
Dates: 5 weeks Jan 6, 13, 20, 27 Feb 3
Program Fees: $145. The Program Fee includes skate rental and instruction.
- Regular scholarships are available for students with families earning less than $50,000 annually. Just select a Scholarship ticket below to complete the registration process for your child.
- Partial Scholarships are now also available for families earning between $50,000 and $100,000 annually. To apply for a Partial Scholarship, please complete the application linked here to help us understand your financial challenges.
Registration Deadlines: Be sure to register early as prices will increase on November 23, 2021 and registration will close on November 30, 2021 at 11:59pm.
- National Ability Center (NAC) Assistance: If your child will need assistance from the NAC, please contact Andrew Ball at email@example.com once you’ve completed registration.
To help ensure the health and safety of our Get Out & Play participants, volunteers, coaches, and staff, and in alignment with the Park City School District, our policies related to COVID-19 are as follows:
- In the event of a school closure resulting from COVID-19, students from the closed school will not be allowed to participate in our programs on the date(s) that the school is closed.
- In the event your child is quarantined due to a COVID-19 diagnosis or COVID-19 exposure, your child will not be allowed to participate in our programs during the dates of quarantine. Due to COVID-19 having asymptomatic carriers, if any family member (within same household) exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, that student is not allowed to participate.
In these scenarios, you will receive a refund for the portion of your registration fee for the day(s) your child is not allowed to attend less a small administrative charge.
Do not send your child if they are exhibiting any of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Unexplainable rash
This policy is subject to change based on state and county directives.